Hartford, CT --Trinity College-- August 27, 2007

The only reader I found on campus was manning the front desk of Ferris Athletic Center.

Retired cop and history addict, reading Touched with Fire: Five Presidents and the Civil War Battles that Made Them, by James M. Perry. When he retired he started reading, remembering that his Dad was a reader.

He bought this book while traveling through the Northwestern United States, where he visited the site of Custer's Last Stand and the Battle of Little Big Horn. He shook my hand when I told him I grew up in Montana.



At the Writing Center, though I found no readers--too early in the year to find professors and students-- I spoke to the department secretary and learned about Connectikids, which provides literary tutoring to children. Trinity College works with Fox Elementary in their literacy club.

No comments: