Cincinatti, OH --Dowtown Public Library -- August 13, 2007


Frequently, when I visit a library, and the staff discusses where to send me to answer the "what's great about your library" question, they decide the children's program is where it's at. This time it meant that I got to participate in story hour. The theme, and I think this was appropriate--hot weather.


Reading One Hot Summer Day, by Nina Crews, daughter of author Donald Crews. My favorite page, and some of the kids', too, had a picture of a child sitting on the edge of a hot metal slide--ouch! As the librarian put it, that’s really gonna burn! She also read Maisy’s Pool, by Lucy Cousins and Splash, by Flora McDonnell and taught us how to make fans.


Something special to note--the summer reading program, that finished at the end of July, had a twenty percent increase in participation!

No comments: